It’s officially Arlington area Farmer’s Markets season! With eight different markets, set up all over Arlington County, it will never be easier to stock up on fresh produce, meats, cheeses, flowers (and more!). To get you in the spirit, we’re sharing four delicious recipes for spring! And the best part is that all of them can be made with local farmer’s market’s freshest ingredients:
1. Tomato Mozzarella Basil Tart with Mozzarella cheese from District Cheese at Fairlington Farmer’s Market (Arlington’s newest market!)
image via www.annies-eats.com
2. Triple Berry Salad with raspberries, blueberries and strawberries from Westmoreland Berry Farm from Ballston FreshFarms Market
image via iowagirleats.com
3. Arugula Lemon Pizza with arugula & lemons from Arlington Farmers Market
image via arlingtonparks.us/farmersmarket
4. Baked Eggs Boat with French bread from Baguette Republic from Clarendon Farmer’s Market
image via tablespoon.com
You can also find the full list of Farmer’s Markets in Arlington here on Arlington Patch, but we’ve also listed a few of our favorites, that are all right around the corner from The Maxwell:
- Ballston FreshFarm Market: Open Thursdays, May through October from 3-7PM, located in Welburn Square across from the Ballston Metro
- Clarendon Farmer’s Market: Open Wednesdays, April through December from 3-7PM, located at Clarendon Blvd. & N. Highland St.
- Arlington Farmers Market: Open Saturdays, April through December from 8-noon, located at N. Courthouse Rd. & N. 14th St.
Be sure to share your farmer’s market finds with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! Just use the hashtag #LiveWellMaxwell. Happy Spring!